Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Grilled potatoes with garlic mustard aioli



My friend made these for a picnic and I fell in love. She since made them for me a few times after and I swear my mouth waters when I just think of them. I moved away recently and decided I needed to get the recipe from her so I can have them whenever I want. Petra told me that she got the recipe from Bobby Flay. Not at all surprised because he is amazing at just about anything he makes. 



I grilled these on my bbq but if you don't have access to one or it is too cold to be outside you can use the broiler. I have to say grilling them was great because it leaves those beautiful grill marks and I love the way it caramelized them. I didn't use the exact same mustard that Bobby used so if you want it just like his click on the link above. I personally don't like the beads you get from whole grain mustard so I used stone ground. I also didn't have any chives or tarragon so I only used flat leaf parsley. I would use what you have and it is still good if you don't have any herbs. 

Ingredients

1/2 cup mayo
1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 heaping tablespoon Stone ground mustard
1 teaspoon honey
2 cloves garlic smashed to a paste
salt and pepper to taste

Potatoes:

1-2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
1 teaspoon for kosher salt
1-2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley

Directions

For the mustard in a medium bowl whisk together mayo, both mustards, garlic, honey and salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 min or for up to one day. 

In a large pot add potatoes and cover with with water about 2 inches above potatoes. Boil for 12-15 minutes until a skewer inserted has some resistance in the middle. Drain  and cool slightly. 

Preheat grill on medium for direct heat. Cut potatoes in half and toss with some of the aioli and salt and pepper. Place potatoes cut side down on grill flip once they start to brown and grill bottom side, about 3 minutes on both sides. transfer to platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with aioli on the side. 

Let me know if you make them and what you think. 




2 comments:

  1. Can never say no to grilled potatoes. Nice pairing with mayo sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so good and I love the aioli recipe! I will have to try this! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete